Ok, I've got it sorted now thanks to your prompting. I went on a prowl over the
settings and in the Finder Preferences pane, there were a number of items not
clicked to Show. The House was one of a few not showing. Now it is and all good
now.

Once again thanks for your help Ronni.

This one can be 'archived away' now.

Regards