I use Discus to prepare and print labels for DVDs but I find a uniform very
poor reproduction of picture material.   The artwork will copy separately and
produce a good print so I believe the problem is with the printer process.  I
use an Epson R2880 which produces top quality printwork in other circumstances.
 The Discus printwork looks perfect on screen (calibrated!) and is profiled.
I use standard Imation and similar DVD blanks, nothing fancy but the end result
is very low on contrast and dull.  Either Matt or photo black inks give similar
results and adjustment of pictures within Discus achieves nothing useful.
Does anyone have a useful comment to offer on this.
Severin Crisp

             Assoc Prof R Severin Crisp, FAIP, FIP, CPhys
15 Thomas St, Mount Clarence, Albany, 6330, Western Australia
                  ph (08) 9842 1950 ( Int'l +61 8 9842 1950)
                           mail to: sevcr...@westnet.com.au