Hi Brian,

I didn't think you would have turned on iCloud Music Library.
I don't use iCloud Music Library or iTunes Match library!
In iTunes, I backup to my computer, and sync what music & media files to my
iPhone & iPad exactly the way I want to...

NOTE: If you have turned on iCloud Music Library on your iOS device, you can't
sync music from iTunes. iCloud Music Library replaces syncing, allowing you to
download content from the cloud.

I don't let iTunes Match my music as I have most of my music in AIFF & Apple
Lossless format. All my imported music from CDs are imported in AIFF format.

If you use iTunes Match, you must turn on iCloud Music Library in order to
access your matched music.

Have a read here to understand what happens if you turn off iCloud Music
Library.
How to enable or disable iCloud Music Library
<http://www.imore.com/how-use-apple-music-without-icloud-music-library>

Sent from Ronni's iPad4