Hi Peer,
        Have never used the Share function but following your email, I tried to
send a pages doc to myself and it worked fine. I upgraded both the Mac Mini and
the Macbnook Pro to El Capitan three days ago and find a significant speed
increase.  Have not looked further into the system as yet.

Regards

John Thompson