Hi, I have just ran the install for Yosemite to upgrade from 10.8.5. (Thanks
Ronni.) Most things seem to have worked out well.

I have been working my way through Ronni’s list from “Prepare to Upgrade to
Yosemite”, after Spotlight had finished indexing, I tried to open Software
Update but could not connect. I had to enter the WPA password into System
Preferences to get the WiFi working again, no big deal there.

When that was finished I still could not get Software Update to open, “Cannot
Connect to the App Store”. I tried, opening the “firewall”, logging in and out
of my Apple account, going to the Keychain to see if I had any Verisign login
Certificates and a host of other possibilities, none could get the connection
to open. Any ideas as to how to fix it so I can do the upgrades?  (I had
intended to only do the updates for this 10.10 version as Ronni suggested and
then run the 10.10.5 later when everything is working ship shape.)

Safari is working fine as is Mail. I did notice though that the icons for
Aperture and iPhoto have a grey do not enter icon over them. So I did not
attempt to open them before posting her to find out what I should do about them
before hand?

Thanks

Matt.