Hi Michael,

Have you connected the iPhone to iTunes and checked what music you have
selected to Sync to your iPhone?

Once you have the music 'playlists' or ‘tracks' you wish to have on your iPhone
selected click ‘Sync’.

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS Sierra 10.12