Hi Alex,

Just adding to what Rob has already suggested.
What lights are showing on the dongle?
You have Network coverage where you are situated?
What have you tried to get it to connect?

* Restart your dongle
* If the dongle came with a extension cable, use that to make sure its properly
plugged in.
* Try another USB port
* Are you using any Proxy settings in System Preferences > Network > Advanced -
Proxies
* Uninstall and reinstall the dongle