Hi Graeme,

My comments in Situ below in Red
> On 29 Sep 2017, at 1:17 pm, Graeme Winters <g.winters1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 29 Sep 2017, at 11:08, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com <mailto:ro...@mac.com>>
> wrote:
>
>> Also Graeme,
>>
>> Check for missing software: Make sure you installed the latest software for
>> your device. Visit the manufacturer’s website for any updates.
>> Hi Ronni
> Have jotted replies to your questions
>> Check the USB hub: If the device is connected to a USB hub, make sure the
>> device and the hub are the same speed.
>> Connect USB 3.0 SuperSpeed devices to a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed HUB, USB 2.0
>> Hi-Speed devices to a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed hub, and so on.
>

>> The BELKIN 4- Port hub I have is model #F4U073 and according to their site
>> and details on this model it is 3.0 version and it is backwards compatible
>> with USB 2.0
Ok, looks like the BELKIN 4- Port hub model #F4U073 is recognised by the System
and is compatible

> My IMac 27 is a late 2014 model and the keyboard came with this complete with
> USB connector which I had assumed was version 2.0 or later
You can find the iMac Model Indentifier by going to About this Mac > System
Report - at the top -Hardware Overview: Model Identifier: iMac15,1
The above iMac came with a Apple Wireless Keyboard

So what are the details of the Keyboard you have connected?

> The keyboard is not recognised no matter whether plugged into the hub or
> direct to the IMac
The keyboard is not recognised by the system so you need to check the
manufacturer’s website for any updates for High Sierra
>> Ronni
>>
>>> On 29 Sep 2017, at 10:58 am, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com
>>> <mailto:ro...@mac.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Graeme,
>>>
>>> Does the Keyboard show when directly connected to a USB port on the iMac?
>>> Does the USB Belkin Hub show in System Information > USB (under Hardware)
>>> And does the USB Keyboard also show?
>
> When I checked System Report/. Hardware/USB the Belkin 3.0 hub is shown
Ok, looks like the BELKIN 4- Port hub model #F4U073 is recognised by the System
and is compatible

> The keyboard is not shown under Hardware
So the Keyboard is not recognised by the System and not compatible in its
present state