Hello Bill,

1. Do you have the latest version 6.7 of the Kindle for Mac app
To confirm that your app is operating on the latest version, select Kindle,
then About Kindle on your Kindle for Mac app.
https://www.amazon.com.au/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp
Or if you installed from the Kindle from the App Store version 6.7
Open the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/ai/app/kindle/id302584613?mt=8

2. Do you have other devices connected to USB ports on your Mac.
If so try disconnecting all but the canon camera and test.

Regards,
Ronni

 Ronni Brown’s iPad Pro 12.9-inch 256GB