Hi Ronni

I had tried to edit the SMTP Server list but did not try adding a server.

I added the server as you described below. But when I select it from the list
it puts my email address in the username.

The drop-down list has:
iCloud (Offline)
iinet.net.au
mail.iinet.net.au (Offline)
SMTP [default name added server]

Choosing any option from the list results in my email address being in the
username. Choosing the 3rd option initially puts Graham's address in, then it
changes to mine. I tried to get the server back online, tried taking all
accounts offline, restart, safe mode, zapped PRAM (totally weird with no chime)
nothing fixed it.

The outgoing port is 587, I assume that Daniel chose this when he set up the
computer.

I just looked in the Internet Account Preferences and there is one for each of
our accounts plus a second iinet.net.au labeled 'Notes' where the others have
'Mail'. When I select it I get the error message "Can't connect to account ...
enter password ...".

Should I delete it?

Thanks for your help, Diana

Sent from my iPad