I have a huge amount of Movies on my Media Entertainment Server and I keep
extra Backup copies of these movies on Thumb Drives as well as a dedicated
backup external drive.

I have 128GB MS-DOS (FAT32) which I copy my movies that are under 4GB.
I have numerous probably around 100 just under 4GB size on this Thumb Drive.

And I have another 128GB exFAT which holds my movies that are over 4GB file size

Stephen I would not have converted the   .m4v
It sounds like the .mov conversion could be corrupted.

Sent from Ronni's iPhone 7 Plus

> [...]
>
> Phone: 0414 795 960
> Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>

> **For everything Apple**
>
> NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and
> as such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry.
> Any information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or
> accept liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this
> email is to be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the
> author be requested.
>
>> On 1 Dec 2017, at 5:27 pm, Stephen Chape <chap...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ronnie.
>>
>> Initially my friend came to me with a Video taken on her iPhone (and still
>> on her iPhone)
>> She did not know how to get it from her iPhone to a Thumb Drive.
>> She had tried downloading to her PC but could not achieve that.
>>
>> So another friend of hers (also Windows) managed to download it to their PC.
>> But the Video would not play.
>> When her friend tried to copy to a Thumb Drive it would not copy.
>>
>> Up till now this all sounded like a typical Windows drama to me.
>> The very reason why I use Mac.
>>
>> In plugged her iPhone into my iMac and dowloaded the Video file to Photos
>> (no problem).
>> The resulting file on my desktop was .m4v (I think from memory).
>> So I used Toast Titanium to convert to a .mov file.
>>
>> “Wow” I thought. “Doing fine here”.
>> The I tried to copy to her 8GB USB Thumb Drive.
>> Could not copy because “the file is too big”
>> It is 2.3GB for goodness sake, so no logic to this.
>> Checked the Thumb Drive for any other files. Nope. Nothing there.
>>
>> So I thought “OK her Thumb Drive is buggered.
>> I insert my 16GB Thumb Drive …. same scenario !
>> I insert my 32GB Thumb Drive …. same scenario !
>> This is all very strange because I am certain I have used my TD’s for many
>> videos before.
>> Surely they were not all under 2GB.
>>
>> Anyway I just inserted my 16GB TD to get details.
>> Kind: Volume
>> Format: MS-DOS(FAT32)
>> Capacity: 16 GB
>> Available: 21.07 GB (5.07 GB purgeable)
>> Used: 2.6 MB on disk
>> Sharing & Permissions: you have custom access
>>
>>> On 1 Dec 2017, at 4:15 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Neil,
>>>
>>> We need more information about  Stephen’s Thumb Drive and the movie file he
>>> is trying to copy to the thumb drive.
>>> What format is the Thumb Drive? -  whether there is ‘trash’ still on the
>>> Thumb Drive taking up room - what is the Video file extension .mov .wmv
>>> .mp4?
>>>
>>> Stephen: Connect the Thumb Drive to your Mac - then select it on your
>>> Desktop (highlight it) - Go to File > Get Info.
>>> The resulting Window will show Kind -Format - Capacity - Available - & Used.
>>> And at the bottom under Sharing & Permissions do you have Privilege ‘Read &

>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM