Hi Tim,

If you lost your Recovery Key
As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one of
your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.
Go to your Apple ID account page <https://appleid.apple.com/account/home>.
Sign in with your password and trusted device.
In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.
Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work
anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account.

<https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202649>

13-inch MacBook Air (April 2014)
1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4