Thanks Ronni.

I’m pretty sure sure I’m properly verified, authorised and authenticated by two
factors, four digits and to top it off, an 18 part password.

I’m off to take the dogs for a walk in the park so I’m optimised as well. ;-).

I’m still a little confused but I am assuming  the Two-Factor Verification  you
wrote is the same as TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION term that Apple use.

Cheers.

Tim

Sent from Tim's iPhone

> [...]
> users with at least one device using iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan or later.
>
> If you have Apple devices that can be updated to iOS 9 or later or OS X El
> Capitan or later, you should set up two-factor authentication instead. If you
> use two-step verification for your Apple ID, and then you upgrade to iOS 11
> or later, or macOS High Sierra or later, your security settings may be
> automatically upgraded to two-factor authentication.
>
> Two-step verification is an older security method that is available to users
> who don’t have Apple devices, can’t update their devices, or are otherwise
> ineligible for two-factor authentication.
>
> More details are at this link:
> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152>
> Published Date: Nov 15, 2017
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
>> On 15 Apr 2018, at 2:32 pm, Tim Law <t...@peoplehelp.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Ronni,
>>
>> I suspect something has changed since that support file was created in Jun
>> 3, 2016.
>>
>> When I go to the Apple ID account page in OSX, and click Edit in the
>> Security area as per the direction, there are five options:
>>
>> PASSWORD
>> Change Password…
>>
>> TRUSTED PHONE NUMBERS
>> Add a Trusted Phone Number…
>> Trusted phone numbers are used to verify your identity when signing in and
>> to recover your account if you lose access.
>>
>> APP-SPECIFIC PASSWORDS
>> Generate Password…
>> Use an app-specific password when signing in to an app or service not
>> provided by Apple.Learn more.
>>
>> NOTIFICATION EMAIL
>> xxxx@email address
>> Remove
>> Edit Email Address…
>> Apple uses this notification email to send you important account and
>> security related information.
>>

>> TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
>> On
>> Your password and a verification code will be required when your Apple ID is
>> used to sign in on a new device or browser. Learn more.
>> Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication
>>

>> As per my previous email, I’ve found a solution which works. Apple just
>> needs to update it’s help files, unless I have missed something.
>>
>> Ta
>>
>> Tim
>>

>>> On 15 Apr 2018, at 1:08 pm, Ronni Brown <ro...@mac.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Tim,
>>>
>>> If you lost your Recovery Key
>>> As long as you remember your Apple ID password and still have access to one
>>> of your trusted devices, you can sign in and create a new Recovery Key.
>>> Go to your Apple ID account page.
>>> Sign in with your password and trusted device.
>>> In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.
>>> Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't
>>> work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your

>>> 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost to 3.3GHz
>>> 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM