From: wamug@wamug.org.au
Sent:Wed, 8 May 2019 12:25:58 +0800
Subject:Re: System migration to new computer

 Thanks for your thoughts Peter (C)
Current idea is now to remove the data drive via Time Machine
preferences and run a few days of plain MBA SSD backups.  The HOPE is
that Migration Assistant would allow a TM backup from a specified date
and therefore copy just the latest 150GB or whatever.   May even try
adding a third TM backup drive to create a “pure” SSD source for
initial migration with a short date range, while the other TM drives
are temporarily removed. Then, as Peter (H) said, try it!
CheersAlan