Yes, as Neil mentioned - I’m pretty sure you can’t run a display off a Firewire
port - different “technologies”.
You could try something like this -
https://www.amazon.com.au/LINDY-Mini-DisplayPort-DVI-D-MST/dp/B01F0VYI5G
Never tried it myself,….but one thing to bear in mind is that same only “split”
the display,..so you’re not really getting “2 monitors”, you’re getting 1
display spread over 2 monitors.
The other issue could also be if the one Graphics card can handle it all as
well. So there could be issues there.
(This can differ depending if it’s a MBPro 13” or a 15” as I didn’t see it
mentioned there.) - the MBPro 15” has a dedicated graphics card, so slightly
more powerful to run external monitors then the 13” which uses less memory to
run it.

Or a DVI input splitter -
https://www.auselectronicsdirect.com.au/2-port-dvi-d-dual-link-video-splitter?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9625j-zv6QIVliQrCh2hUAodEAQYFCABEgJT3vD_BwE

Other options could be a dock of some sort also. One from Thunderbolt to say
HDMI for one monitor and DVI for the other monitor.
Or a type of splitter like the above.

Hope something there helps.
Kind regards
Daniel

 Sent from my iPhone XS 

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.