Hi Rosemary

That “storage” part can sometimes get a little lost, so it just dumps things
into one spot.
Best way is to have all the folders in List View and turn on “Calculate All
Sizes” (from View menu - Show View Options.
Then let it calculate folders. You can then narrow down where a lot of space
may be used.
(Some can be in hidden folders as well, especially if you have back ups of
iPhones/iPads etc. (and old models, as it saves them all).
Also, if you have iPhoto Library and Photos Library  (in Pictures) then this
can take up more room than needed.

That’s a fairly “quick” way to get a rough idea of where it may be. Then can
work through it.
(Sometimes not always an easy thing to narrow down straight away).

Another Application that can help with it sometimes is WhatSize -
https://www.whatsizemac.com
(But you have buy it to get all the feature set, so sometimes the free trial
only gives you a rough idea of space).

Hope something there helps.
Kind regards
Daniel

 Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro 

---
Daniel Kerr
MacWizardry

Phone: 0414 795 960
Email: <daniel AT macwizardry.com.au>
Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>

**For everything Apple**

NOTE: Any information provided in this email may be my personal opinion and as
such should be taken accordingly, and may not be the views of MacWizardry. Any
information provided does not offer or warrant any form of warranty or accept
liability. It would be appreciated that if any information in this email is to
be disseminated, distributed or copied, that permission by the author be
requested.