----- Original Message -----
From: "CAROL L SEATON" <
> maree,
>
> I would like to use the Australian ballot form, because I want to know
> how people would vote if they didn't fear the worst choice for president
> would win, if they gave their vote to a third party.  Our present system
> is creating a lie, because it is out of fear that so many people are
> voting for a dominate party candidate instead of the person they believe
> is best suited for office.

But in your system your lesser parties seem to only crop up at election
time, whereas ours are there permanently. Basically, they act as a shield to
ensure that the major parties don't run roughshod over all others. Some may
argue that this has a tendency to generate stagnation, but i think that it
has the capacity to ensure the interests of all are met.

> Our present system has given so much power to the two parties, they can
> abuse their power, as they did when they refused other candidates
> meaningful freedom of speech during the nationally broadcast political
> debates.  This was such an abuse of power the last crumb of hope I had
> that a major party provided an honorable candidate, was crumbled.    CS

Was it them or the media. You must also remember with the conglomeration and
monopolisation of media into the hands of few, that they are dictating
according to their profit margin who will be heard and who won't.

maree

> --- Sponsor's Message --------------------------------------
> REDUCE YOUR DEBT FOR FREE!! #1 Rated Method Of Reducing Debt
> And Improving Your Credit Rating! This reputable NON-Profit can
> assist you at absolutely NO COST! Click here for more information.
> http://click.topica.com/aaaaOUb1dhdKb1tdQUc/e-debtconsolidation
>     referrer name = john_t    Check it out! It works!

> T O P I C A  http://www.topica.com/t/17
> Newsletters, Tips and Discussions on Your Favorite Topics

FREE DEBT REDUCTION HELP?  Did you know you can get COMPLETELY
FREE HELP lowering your interest charges and debt payments?
Click now for more information about this FREE, LIMITED TIME OFFER.
http://click.topica.com/aaaaOSb1dhdKb1tdRUc/edebtconsolidation