On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 05:49:00 -0400 Dennis Schridde
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 20. September 2006 11:42 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
>> Am Mittwoch, 20. September 2006 07:36 schrieb
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>> > Or was it just that since it can't be played on linux, they
>dropped
>> > it?  Can I reinsert the code that was dropped ?  What about
>convert
>> > the .dlls via wine to .so files?  That OK?
>PS: You can't convert .dll to .so, at least I don't know of such a
>way.
>Doing it anyway would break copyrights as those .dlls are not
>released under
>the GPL.
>If they were you could think about compiling them with winelib.
>But they are
>not, so no further discussion needed.
>
>--Dennis

We don't know what *any* of the data was released as though correct?
"as is with no guarantee"  Means what? "as is" don't modify it then?
Then Christian's point of wav converted to ogg is valid.
The source code did have the explicit GPL notice, so that is OK.
The original compile stuff has references to the RPL dlls, so since
those are needed to compile as the authors intended, then that
mixes GPL + (c) stuff?

This is what I mean by GPL restrictions.  I guess we can tell that
Alex released the stuff on his own, with little (if any) help from
a lawyer.

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account
required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485