On 9/20/06, Christian Vest Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
2006/9/20, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Who owns the copyright on a file of sourcecode when the file has been written
> by dozens of people? Is it shared between all of them?
I think I know this one: all of the people who have code in the file,
have copyright. If, for instance, the file is to be relicensed, all of
them must agree to relicense the file.

More likely, the copyright is held by a corporation or other business
entity, and not by the programmers themselves.  In the US, at least,
works made for hire pass the copyright to the employer.