Dennis Schridde schreef:
>> @Dennis: if I'm still being to fuzzy about this subject just say so or
>> ask a specific question
>>
> My problem is: What is your problem? ;)
>
> Really, I didn't get what the problem is...
> That AL_INVALID is passed to some al* functions?
> Shouldn't that be valid?
> I mean if you pass an al* function AL_INVALID, doesn't it know that this
> means
> it is invalid and should not do anything?
> Or is the problem that it doesn't know that?

Firstly my problem is this: assigning a signed value to an unsigned
variable.
Then secondly, for as far as I know the OpenAL functions don't recognize
AL_INVALID as being invalid (I'm quite sure of this for the 1.1 version,
or is it OpenAL 1.0 that WZ uses?).

So the problem is indeed that AL's functions itself won't recognize that
(that must be the reason why the WZ code itself checks for AL_INVALID).
> Do you need to mark a sample as being not playable, but you can't use any
> value, as all might be correct values to the al* functions?
> And what is the problem with the gl* functions you mentioned
About the gl* stuff I haven't got a clue, I believe Per brought it up
somewhere around here
https://mail.gna.org/public/warzone-dev/2007-01/msg00033.html

--
Giel