[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
> On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 06:53:04 -0500 Dennis Schridde
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Am Samstag, 6. Januar 2007 07:00 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>>
>>> I doubt anyone has even looked at that code much.  If it looks like you can
>>> improve it, then why not.
>>>
>> Sure, do it. I won't object. The sound code is currently crappy
>> anyways as
>> many people report that they have problems with distorted sound.
>>
>> --Dennis
>>

> Distorted sound?  This is driver related, not specific to how the
> sound code is now.  Otherwise, we would all get distorted sound.
> The code isn't crappy IMO.
>
> He was just changing the API call for sound, and not precalculate
> it, and let openAL handle that stuff.

Would have done that already if A) I have had the time for the past two
days (i.e. this one included) and B) I wouldn't have thought about
reimplementing the sound library.

Anyway if nobody objects (yes, read that in your opinion the sound code
isn't crappy, no specifics however, so if you object please clarify),
I'll create a (temporary(?)) branch somewhere tomorrow (i.e. after 1300
CET, cause I won't be available, read awake ;-) , very early before that
time) for a reimplementation.

I'd prefer to do this using C++ (I'll obviously provide a C interface so
that linking against the new lib will be possible for C), please also
say so when you don't like that idea.

--
Giel