Fwiw, I've had this code sitting around gathering dust for most of a year
now.
 http://www.inodes.org/~gus/warzone-sequence.patch.gz

Its a mostly complete ogg (theora/vorbis) and rpl openal/opengl video player
for warzone.

The video used to display fine using SDL overlays, but when I moved it to
opengl calls I got a bit lost and haven't got it working again :(  (I don't
know much about opengl and don't really know how to debug it - I'm just
copying code from the mplayer gl renderer atm..)

Oh and the audio timing seems to be out a bit on the vorbis player but I'm
sure thats a simple bug somewhere - I just haven't put the time into
tracking it down yet.

The patch contains a standalone video player that I've been using to test
with (lib/sequence/myplayer).
The sequence API is slightly simpler than what was in warzone originally
(and you can have multiple sequences playing at once), I haven't adapted the
rest of the warzone code to actually use it yet but that will be trivial.

I have a few small video glitches in the RPL rendering, I'd be very
interested in trading notes with you Constantine to see if we can track that
down at all.

Early last year somewhere I posted a bit of win32 code that would use the
dec130 dlls to convert RPL to uncompressed AVI files (search for
'rpl2avi').  Using that I have all the original content available in both
RPL and OGG formats ..

Sorry guys, I meant to post this a long time ago..

- Gus

On 4/6/07, Constantine Pokrovsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 04:19:33PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 07:07:05 -0400 Constantine Pokrovsky
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >some
> >best way.
> >> I suppose you mean the decoder for the RPL format?
> >> That's quite an
> >> achievement, but I'm afraid that does not help us in any way.
> >The
> >> original video's were not released under the GPL, and we will
> >thus not
> >> be adding any support for them.
> >> This does not mean we will do entirely without FMV's however, as
> >I am
> >> working on a new sequence system that already supports
> >OGG/Theora. This
> >> will however only be used to play "free" (as in freedom) movies.
> >>
> >> For more information about the FMV's I suggest to take a look at
> >this
> >> forum thread: http://wz2100.net/forum/index.php?topic=458.0
> >>
> >> - Gerard
> >>

> >The game have everything except the video decompressing function
> >and
> >the sequence rendering function, which have to be implemented.
> >The sound works properly. I don't propose to distribute the
> >original
> >video. If you have the original CD's then you can copy the
> >sequences
> >to the data directory and enjoy watching it. I think this is
> >better
> >than nothing.
> >
> Yes!  Excellent work!  Can you post code someplace?
> I think those that do have original CD, then we use your decode
> code to show movie.  If file is not found, then we can use what we
> have now.
> Then no have to wait for diff of other version which have video
> supports from what I am told.
>
> Gerard, you have working code for any video?  You post that
> someplace?
> If yes, then add Constantine Pokrovsky decode  code will be easy.
> If no, then add code to show video will have to be done first.
>

> --
> Click for free info on associates degrees and make $150K/ year
> http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1JDCUP6eeVOOvtfMr7muRtd20N/

I'm working on it. The code will be shown, when the job will be done.
But I don't think that it will take too much time.

- Gus