At Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:05:46 +0100 Angus Lees wrote:
> So I figured the best way forward with FMV sequences was to keep the
> released content, but avoid the unreleased "codec130" video codec.  Once
> we aren't keeping the original files, we may as well dump RPL and use a
> better known format.  As a step in that direction, here's a tool that
> will use the binary dlls to extract RPL content into a standard
> (uncompressed) AVI file.
>
> Compiles against libwine, might even work on windows with a different
> Makefile.  Requires winstr.dll, dec130.dll, edec.dll, winsdec.dll in the
> same directory as the executable (or in the wine dll search path).
> streamer.h from original source release is included.
>
> This is my first "windows" code, but it seems to actually work  :P

The attached rpl2avi.c mentions "GPL - Angus Lees <mail-address-here>
April 2006" as it's licensing header.

Which version of the GPL does that mean? Can I use this:
> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
> (at your option) any later version.

??

That is to say, would you agree with attaching the standard GPLv2 boiler
plate message to that file (rpl2avi.c) as its license header? (I'm
assuming GPLv2 since the GPLv3 didn't exist yet at that point).

--
Giel