Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2008 00:29:50 schrieb Giel van Schijndel:
> Angus Lees schreef:
> > On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 1:53 AM, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >> I get an assert when running this on devastation.rpl via Wine:
> >>
> >> 022] [1023] [1024] ces/devastation.rpl: avifile.c:1460:
> >> AVIFILE_AddRecord: Assertion `This->nIdxRecords <
> >> This->cbIdxRecords/sizeof(AVIINDEXENTRY)' failed.
> >>
> >> Works "fine" in a VBox though.
> >>
> >> It creates a huge avi file, which neither xine nor ffplay can play.
> >> (Only mplayer, after complaining a lot.)
> >> Additionaly the colours are wrong. red and blue seem to be swapped.
> >> On top of that, mplayer claims to have found an audio stream, but does
> >> not playback anything.
> >
> > I have a long-standing bug report open against wine over their 1024 frame
> > limit :(
>
> Is that a limit of 1024 frames per decoded stream or per what exactly?
>
> > The code you have should have some #ifdef __WINE__ code that hacks around
> > that limit - are you compiling with winegcc or gcc directly?  I just
> > compiled rpl2avi again from source and managed to convert a 5650 frame
> > rpl with no problems.
>
> How did you compile this yourself (gcc vs winegcc)? Any specific command
> line options you used?
This will work for Windows:
mingw32-gcc -o rpl2avi.exe
rpl2avi.c -lvfw32 -L. -ldec130 -ledec -lwinsdec -lwinstr

(crosscompiled, but the binary will have the abovementioned problem under
Wine)

> > To avoid confusion, I've replaced the rpl2avi copies on
> > gna with my latest full .tar.gz.  Unpack, install wine-dev, make sure the
> > rpl/dec130 dlls are in the source directory, type 'make'.
>
> I think we should import this tool into our Subversion repository to be
> able to decently track development (I'm thinking of something like
> "trunk/tools/rpl2avi/"). Because obviously a tarball is far from a long
> term solution as source code management (it's poor even for short term
> IMO).
I dont object against an import in general, but if we do it, we should figure
out what license the code is under, whom it belongs, etc.

--Dennis