Giel van Schijndel wrote:
> Paul Wise schreef:
>> On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 01:15 +0200, Giel van Schijndel wrote:
>>> Any thoughts on this?
>> Another beta might be a good idea, if it is done quickly.
>>
>> Also, when the final release is done, we can put a warzone2100 backport
>> on backports.org for lenny users to upgrade to. Many people don't know
>> about backports.org though, so that might become a support issue/FAQ for
>> the warzone devs.
>
> To all devs (with or without commit access): I would really like this to
> be an "active" decision on our part, as opposed to a "passive" one,
> where we allow the decision to be made for us due to time passing. I.e.
> either we decide that we do want our current state of 2.1 to be included
> in Debian's next stable release, or we decide that we don't want that to
> happen. As long as that decision is an active one, I can live with both.
>
> The only negative impact of this on us I can see is the support/FAQ
> issue mentioned above by Paul.

I think another quick beta would be a good route if 2.1 is currently stable
enough and runs well on Debian, otherwise there really isn't a good reason to
include it in a stable release (and, yes, I know I'm stating the obvious ;)

If there are still some rough edges in Debian 2.1, sticking 2.0.10 in lenny and
relegating 2.1 to backports.org might be the better course of action.

Tim