Per Inge Mathisen schreef:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 7:50 AM, bugs buggy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> With the upcoming release of the FMV patch in trunk, *before* we add the
>> fmvs into the repo, I would like to confirm the data structure.
>>
>> trunk/data  (only pumpkin official stuff, + derivatives of their work?)
>> trunk/code or trunk/source
>> trunk/FMVs  (since it is optional?)
>> trunk/tools  (for editors, utilities, and whatever else)
>> trunk/3rdparty (*If* we go this route.  Though, I rather not.)
>
> I would prefer to have tools as part of the code/ directory, since
> they are (or should be) closely linked to the rest of the code.

Agreed. I would also prefer to use "source" instead of "code".

> trunk/FMVs -> trunk/video ? Otherwise, I think this is a good idea,
> since they are so big.

I agree on the "video" directory name, though I'm not sure if we should
put the videos in the repository at all...

> trunk/3rdparty -> trunk/mods ? I am in favour of putting the best and
> well-licensed mods in the repository, and giving their maintainers
> write access. This makes it easier for us to package them as well as
> keeping track of its history. The name "3rdparty" makes it sound like
> a storage area for external code, or something.

Perhaps we should just put the mods in another repository? That solves
the issue of giving maintainers write access without having to give
write access to the Warzone source as well...

Thus I suggest we use this directory layout for our own repository:
> trunk/data
> trunk/pkg
> trunk/source
> trunk/source/build_tools
> trunk/source/doc
> trunk/source/icons
> trunk/source/lib
> trunk/source/m4
> trunk/source/macosx
> trunk/source/makerules
> trunk/source/po
> trunk/source/src
> trunk/source/tools
> trunk/source/win32

Then use a layout like this for the "mod" repository:
> <mod>/branches
> <mod>/tags
> <mod>/trunk

Then restrict access to the <mod> subdirectories to only allow
maintainers of that mod to write to that part of the repo.

E.g. I was thinking of setting up the "mod" repository in a similar
fashion to how trac-hacks.org is set up.

trac-hacks.org allows you to create a new project, it'll then
automatically add the directory structure to the repository and grant
the creating user write access.

--
Giel