Florian Schanda wrote:
> Our eventual aim is to write a random map generator for warzone
Nice. I already have a start of that, but it is far from finished. Take
a look at the "random_map" branch in the
git://gitorious.org/warzone2100/gerard_.git repository. What I have
currently got working is a relatively open map in different "themes"
(arizona, rockies, urban). The urban setting looks really weird, as it
is not flat enough to be a real city. To start a random map select one
of the Rnd-* maps from the skirmish menu.

What does not work yet is saving/loading (due to the fact that it uses
the new terrain renderer) and network play. Both probably need support
for a new map format. The code is in src/randommap.c.

- Gerard