On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Stephen Swaney <sswa...@centurytel.net> wrote:
> This is totally beside the point.  Your love of argument is showing.

Love of argument? More like interest in doing things the right way. :[

>> Once we get a readable font at that size/resolution (and I'm planning
>> on eventually making one), I'll make it a translatable string. Until
>> then, this is better than nothing. Especially if it already has a
>> tooltip that can be translated - whoever can't understand the word
>> "Ready?" can read the tooltip.
>
> While I agree with your implicit argument that people should speak
> English like everyone else, the button does not look better than it
> did before.  'Better than nothing' might be a valid argument if there
> *was* nothing there before, but we *did* have a usable button with a
> (translated) tooltip.  This is simply not better.

Disregarding your sarcasm (it's not that people should speak English
like everyone else, but that more of our users happen to know English
than any other language - I would've used Esperanto if it had been as
popular as it was intended to be), we still have a usable button with
a translated tooltip, so I have no idea how this would be any worse.

-Zarel