On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Stephen Swaney <sswa...@centurytel.net> wrote:
> This is totally beside the point.  Your love of argument is showing.

Love of argument? More like interest in doing things the right way. :[

>> Once we get a readable font at that size/resolution (and I'm planning
>> on eventually making one), I'll make it a translatable string. Until
>> then, this is better than nothing. Especially if it already has a
>> tooltip that can be translated - whoever can't understand the word
>> "Ready?" can read the tooltip.
>
> While I agree with your implicit argument that people should speak
> English like everyone else, the button does not look better than it
> did before.  'Better than nothing' might be a valid argument if there
> *was* nothing there before, but we *did* have a usable button with a
> (translated) tooltip.  This is simply not better.

Disregarding your sarcasm (it's not that I think people should speak
English like everyone else, but that I observe that more of our users
happen to know English than any other language - I would've used
Esperanto if it had been as popular as it was intended to be), we
still have a usable button with a translated tooltip, so I'm pretty
sure it's not any worse than it was before.

-Zarel