i-NoD wrote:
>> I am all for removing it:
>> 1. Too complex.
>> 2. GUI not up to show people this.
>> 3. Control over units not good enough to use the knowledge.
>> 4. Even more stuff to consider when balancing (similar to "too complex").
>> 5. There already is enough variation/tactics in Warzone 2100. Less is more.
>> - Kreuvf
>
> I still wonder what is soooo complex in this code? Could someone give me a
> hint, please?
I do not mean code-complexity. It's the gameplay itself that's getting too
complex IMHO. There is enough stuff in the game that you have to worry about.

> Yes, there is a usability problem due to 2 and 3, but I think those could be
> changed/fixed.
> I'm more then willing to make some improvements to current GUI (as I'm not
> much in betawidget stuff)
> and could start right from this task.
> I don't ask to change current stats/tactics model, I just want to allow some
> productive persons to use this feature in their mods and maps and invite
> some new tactics to gameplay - as more alternatives is not always bad (this
> will solve 4 and 5 for core game if you wish). I don't know for sure, but
> maybe a majority of modders/people aren't aware of the feature? We could
> re-announce it and just to see if it will interest someone. We could always
> remove it if not... just give another chance.
Some time ago Per posted his experiences from that Freeciv and IIRC one of the
interesting things was: Don't make things for modders only/add only stuff that
_you_ want to have in the game and that _you_ use. Per will be able to correct
me if I'm wrong :)

- Kreuvf