My next bright idea was to uninstall ruby 1.8.7 and try installing 1.8.6,
which is what works on my old pc. That seemed to install ok, but when I do
gem update --system, I get an error "ERROR: While executing gem ...
(Gem::RemoteSourceException) HTTP response 302

Is there a different way to install watir 1.6.2 with ruby 1.8.6? I have
looked at the archived emails on this and they say to do gem update
--system and then gem install watir-1.6.2.gem. But neither of those works
for me now. They did work, with ruby 1.8.7, but require 'watir' doesn't
work with ruby 1.8.7 for me.

-- Lisa

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general