I first tried
gem install watir -v 1.6.2
and that didn't work either. I've been trying everything I can find
searching in the archives etc.

My goal is to get my scripts running on my new PC. I don't really care what
versions of anything I have, but it seems intuitive that if I put the same
versions on my new PC that I have on the old PC where all my scripts work,
it would work. But I can't get those versions installed.

I'm open to other advice on how to proceed. I wonder if installing the
newest Ruby and Watir messed things up, even though I uninstalled them,
maybe the uninstall didn't clean up all the registry entries or something.

I'll look for you on gtalk or skype, Z. Thanks!
-- Lisa

--
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers