Enough is enough!  You all have had this poor soul being everything but a mass
murder for
  the mafia!  It's got to stop!  "Bless his heart"....

  I know for a fact that he was an accountant for the county and never married.
 After his father's passing, and upon his mother becoming incapacitated, he
retired from his job to care for her (he didn't need to work, as there was
family money).  As she was wheel-chaired bound, she doesn't get out much.  Mr.
Schwamp's sister (a Mrs. Schwoop, who lives in Mt. Pilot and married Silas
Schwoop) comes and helps often, which allows him to get out for social events,
church, and other functions.

  I also know that at one time, he and Miss Rosemary were very serious (this
was after Miss Rosemary and Barney were splitsville) and marriage was
discussed.  His mother, whom Mr.
  Schwamp takes his looks after and has a heart of gold, encouraged them to
marry, but the couple deemed it best to forgo their relationship.  So sad, as I
think they would have made
  very cute little "schwampies"...

  I also know that Mr. Schwamp is still alive (nearing 92 about now), is in
good health and lives at a lovely senior center in Raleigh.  His sister's
children and grandchildren visit him
  often and bring much joy to his later years...

  So,,,enough about this dear soul.  Stop these wild fabrications about him and
give him the
  respect he deserves.  After all, a man who can wear a "rug" as good as he can
deserves
  our upmost kindness!

  Brenda Jo  <aka Mayberry's Story Teller>

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart"  Psalm 9:1