>>>I read a lot about this mr.Schwump, I take it he is a character in the many
>>>group or street scenes. Can any of you recall an episode where he appears
>>>and I will look for him.<<<

Mary Louise, one of the best scenes for getting a good, prolonged look at Mr.
Schwamp is in the episode "My Fair Ernest T. Bass"  Early in the show, there is
a scene on Mrs. Wiley's front porch.  Andy and Barney are investigating a rock
being thrown through Mrs. Wiley's window.  Mr. Schwamp stands by or near Mrs.
Wiley in this scene.  She refers to him as the one who found the rock.  You
can't miss him!

Thelma Lou
(Janet)