Was watching "Andy's Trip to Raleigh" the other night and noticed something I had never paid attention to before. When the lady lawyer, Lee Drake unexpectedly comes to Mayberry to find Andy for a further deposition, she stops at Wally's to ask Goober if he knows where Andy might be found. Goober walks to the back of her car, looks at her license plate, and says something to the effect, "You're from Raleigh, I see". Now as far as I know, North Carolina has never listed county of origin on its license plates as some states (e.g. Georgia) do. Is this correct? If so, how did Goober know where she was from?

Doug Johnson

"Say...that's some sunburn"