I have enjoyed reading the selections but I maintain it is impossible to choose
a favorite episode in each of the first five seasons. There are too many
exceptional episodes. When people ask my favorite TAGS episode, I say Man In a
Hurry," but only because that episode so very well shows us the peaceful,
gentle, humorous, considerate life of Mayberry. But I can think of three dozen
B/W episodes of similar quality.

I love the color episodes, but they are easier to grade:

Season 6: Opie's Job

Season 7: Dinner at Eight (I think this is the finest color episode)

Season 8: Emmitt's Brother in Law

Doug Gibson
Ogden, UT