One of the subjects that has been discussed in the digest is small towns like Mayberry. This past weekend I stopped in at a restaurant in Benson, Arizona. Instantly everyone in there purked up when i walked in, but one waitress in particular came to me and said, A little while ago someone asked me why would i want to live in Benson. I told them because I've always wanted to live in Mayberry and Benson is a nice, small, friendly town like Mayberry. Than,"she said to me, "I looked up and there you was walking in." Benson is twenty two miles from Tombstone and i was on my way to Tombstone for Wyiat Earp days and I was wearing my Barney Fife uniform.

I read in the e bullet today about the memorial that they had for Don Knotts. I wish that i had known about it before, because i would love to had gone to it. I feel like i missed out on something
that was very worthwhile.

My love goes out to all of Don;'s familu, friends, and fans.

Bob Phillips   Glendale, Arizona