Once in a while, the cast or crew would be asked to park their own cars on the
backlot when a scene required more than the usualy number of cars. Probably 99%
of the cars on The Show were Ford products, but in addition to Howard's Chevy
we also saw Jim Lindsey's Mercedes, the governor's and Bobby Fleet's Cadillacs,
and in a few episodes a Volkswagen Beetle can be seen on the streets of
Mayberry.

Then once Sam Jones took over the town council, suddenly everybody in town
seemed to favor Chrysler products!

Paul Mulik

>>> I'm guessing the same dealer who provided the squad cars provided a few
>>>extras from its used car division.  Obviously there was the occasional
>>>exception like Howard Sprague's '64 Chevy.

Dixon