I always thought the reason for the end of civilization was the automobile.
People always in a hurry, isolated in their cars and unaccountable for their
rudeness. I am going to have to admit that the loss of the front porch is
definitely a contributing factor. We sit iIsolated in our homes pretending the
folks on the television are our friends. We seem to have lost the art of
friendly conversation with our neighbors. I've noticed when I walk my dogs that
there are a couple of octogenarians on my route. I try to let the dogs sniff a
little longer outside their homes. I've also noticed that they usually sit
inside their living rooms watching the street action and come out to say hey
when I linger. I guess they miss the accessibility front porches afforded. If
there are any housing developers out there listening...we want our front
porches back.

Say hey to Goob for me

Mary