Well, "Peanut," you gave us some smiles. grins and laughter. You were great
 in serious roles as well. If not mistaken you were in the  movie Mr.
Roberts, filmed at Midway Island the year before I arrived.
I remember well the year you came to Mayberry Days and recited your poem,
which drew laughter from the  whole crowd and if not mistaken, you also got
a standing O!!
As Bob Hope would say, "THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!"
Welford theCameraNut....and somewhere I have the tape of the show with
Goober in it!
Oh....for the uninformed, a goober is a  peanut!