Here is a bit of an unusual alumni siting...I live in Lincoln, home of the
University Nebraska.  I just ran across an archive photo with Jim Nabors and
former Nebraska football Coach Bob Devaney.  Devaney coached from 1962-71, so
I'm assuming the photo was during that period, and likely the early 70's based
on the fashions and Jim's hair.  The photo was published as part of a story on
Nebraska's former Sports Information Director Don Fox Bryant who just died last
week.  Fox knew everybody in the world, it seems, so I suspect he somehow knew
someone who knew Jim Nabors and Jim ended up visiting the university...possibly
he was doing a concert at our state fair or somewhere else in Nebraska. Here is
a link to the article and photo (check out the "Go Big Red" tie--it sure beats
a purple tie with yellow acorns!):
Don "Fox" Bryant: Part of the Husker Tradition | Hail Varsity

|   |
| Don "Fox" Bryant: Part of the Husker Tradition | Hail Va...The Mike Riley era
at Nebraska officially began on Friday. And the Fox era ended. No need for
quotation marks around “Fox,” really. It’s a proper name as far as I’m... |
|  |
| View on hailvarsity.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Keith in Nebraska