From: Gerenday, Perry (P.) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 5:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] ASP or VBscript problem

 I have a web form that sends its values to an asp page where the form
receives very simple validation. i.e.: if the input has a value - continue,
if it doesn't - tell the user what to fill in. One of the inputs on the form
is a set of radio buttons; Yes or NO. If the user clicks "Yes" they also
need to fill in a date text box. My question is; how do I tell whether the
radio value is Yes or No? Here is what I'm doing which is not working.

<%
ElseIf ThePresented = "" Then %>
<h3>Please indicate whether you have presented this issue to someone for
resolution.</h3>
<input type="button" value="Back" onclick="Javascript:history.go(-1)" />

<%
ElseIf ThePresented = "Yes" Then %>
<h3>The Presented value = Yes.</h3><!-- This is the test text.-->
<input type="button" value="Back" onclick="Javascript:history.go(-1)" />

Next I want to validate a date value if "ThePresented" equals Yes, and skip
the validation if "ThePresented" equals NO.

TIA

Perry Gerenday
www.webinitiative.net