From: John Nichel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: 27 December 2002 16:56
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: Sun Gets Injunction in Microsoft Case

Well, most of his points are valid...just his method of delivery is a bit off. I noticed a couple of people on this list talking about how Java was dead, or how it was useless. Those people are either mis-informed, or M$ sheep. While I will agree that Java has no place on HTLM pages (to make snazzy (is that a word) menus, or fancy slide shows for images), Java is far from dead. I think that most of the people on this list just never really work with middle tier or back end applications to actually experience the power of Java.

This thread could go on and on with people flaming about how Java is better than .NET, or how .NET is better than Java (I've never used .NET, so I can't make an educated comparrison), but where would that get us? Water off a ducks back.

Stephen Caudill wrote:

Ross, No fault on your part, Peter only pops up once or twice a
month to
start flame wars and brag profusely about skills we mortals
can't conceive...

<flame type="non-contributor bashing">
You know, I have never seen a URL in one of his sigs or any other supporting evidence that he actually does anything but
spout acronyms
and buzz words, most often with poor grammar. If I am
wrong on this,
I will happily eat my hat. Otherwise, I would prefer to hear a lot less from Mr. Kinev unless he decides to be helpful and
contribute to
this community. </flame>

/me feels better having said that

Apologies,
Stephen Caudill
http://neohero.municode.com

Peter:

Whoa there!!

Never meant to get anybody's back up, it's just that in my
experience I've
never seen or needed to touch Java and as a result never bothered to dig too
deep.

____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____
To Join wdvltalk, Send An Email To:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send Your Posts
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To unsubscribe send a blank email to %%email.unsub%%

--
By-Tor.com
It's all about the Rush