I use Java, primarily for graphics though, don't know if that's good or bad. About two years ago, Sun's statements predicted that JSP
would become more useful than using CGI/PERL. I like it better than
C, C++. Java works just as well, but much easier to work with.

Jan
JDVisions

Why I believe you are correct that Sun is the one who stopped MS from
including Java in the XP release Java isn't quite as dead as you think.
If I recall correctly ColdFusion MX is now written in Java and there are
quite a few J2EE is the foundation of many web services besides news
tickers.

Personally I prefer .NET but that's because I have been using asp for
awhile and it the learning curve isn't that steep for me. It also is
getting to be platform independent since Apache.NET is available (in
beta I still last time I heard but getting there) and so is a version to
run on FreeBSD and the next release of PHP is supposed to support .NET
as well.
Cheryl D. Wise
WiserWays
Office: 713.353.0139