From: Jon Haworth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 11:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] RE: Site critique - Chamber of Commerce

Hi J.R.,

> The <br> is the line break, and it is NOT deprecated.

It's gone for good in XHTML 2 - instead of doing

  'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves<br>
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:<br>
  All mimsy were the borogroves,<br>
  And the mome raths outgrabe.<br>

You'll be doing

  <l>"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!</l>
  <l>The jaws the bite, the claws that catch!</l>
  <l>Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun</l>
  <l>The frumious Bandersnatch!"</l>

The idea is that *lines* are structural, whereas line *breaks* are
presentational: a subtle but important distinction.

Cheers
Jon