At 12:06 AM 2/18/2003 +1300, you wrote:
btw, if the file are not missing from your system, and if everything is
working fine, why not just move them to the "weird" folder until you need to
look at them again.

Because I'm afraid they actually need to be somewhere and if I move them
to "weird folder" I'll forget about them and then one day may have a problem
that these would solve but I'll forget they're there or something to that effect.
I was also always of the understanding that .cab files were MS Windows files,
period end of sentence, used to reinstall things for Windows or Windows
themselves and nothing else.

This IS weird because now I'm seeing all these years of belief
in this was incorrect and that's also scary. I'll try word pad, thanks.

Deb