From: Bj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 7:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wdvltalk] Amazon parody, was: site comments please

Re Ah-ma-son.com looking like Amazon.com

> I am genuinely interested  in thoughts on the subject.   The only real
> challenge that I can think of might be 'passing off' and there  is no
way
we
> are doing that.   It is no more than parody

If you want to see Amazon.com really wickedly parodied, go to
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/christianreader.html

"List Price: $14.95
Our Price: $57.99
You Save: Nothing. (Only Jesus Saves!)"

The easily offended should go nowhere near the Landover Baptist site, of
course.... "Good news for Negro families in need.  We purchase little
black
children" or  "Can Star Trek Help Us Understand Muslims? A religious
study
reveals that Arabs look, behave, and think like Klingons. Read More!"

But boy is it funny.

Bj

____ . The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM . ____

%%email.unsub%%