Hi Paul,

> You know how they call that "need it yesterday" stuff here? They call it
> the *philosophy of now-ism*... I run away when I hear that!!

By any name, it's a scary concept.  Management decide they need something now,
without thinking about how long it'll take to develop, and without thinking
that maybe you're working on something else important already. Even if they
know they'll be needing something well in advance, they like to tell you
about it the day before.  I hate it.

> True that when
> you got soooo much to look after and to do, you don't really have time to
> wait for a lits member to answer. But I'm sure if some people start sending
> osts and wait for others to answer, this will liven up the list and
> gradually increase the number of [interesting] posts to the list...

True enough.  It's amazing how much the list woke up just because people
started posting the normal "is anyone here" kind of wake-up email!

I'm on the list for a little while this morning, but I won't be for the rest
of the day - it's my fiancee's 22nd birthday today, so we'll be going out for
a good few drinks to celebrate :o)

Regards

Dave P

--