Hi Paul,

> The fact is that we are nowadays required to have more
> fields of knowledge than for any *normal* job.

Joel's done a good article about this:
http://joelonsoftware.com/articles/LordPalmerston.html

<quote>
Lord Palmerston: "The Schleswig-Holstein question is so complicated, only
three men in Europe have ever understood it. One was Prince Albert, who is
dead. The second was a German professor who became mad. I am the third and I
have forgotten all about it." Programming has gotten too hard.
</quote>

Cheers
Jon