From: "Cheryl D. Wise" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 2:36 PM
Subject: [wdvltalk] Re: Video WebCast

Would you mind citing the law that makes this illegal? I'm not aware of any,
which doesn't mean they don't exist.

Many organizations have policies that prohibit posting pictures of minors
without parental consent but I haven't heard of a law that makes parental
consent required. COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) applies
to contacting children and maintaining information on them but I don't
recall anything on making a picture illegal without parental consent.

Newspapers show photos of sporting events with minors as participants all
the time even on their websites which is why I would like to see a specific
law cited.

Cheryl D. Wise
Microsoft MVP
WiserWays, LLC